23 December, 2015

Week 12 post RNY surgery

First photo, the day I went home from the hospital after surgery. 
Second photo, yesterday. Same shirt. 60# down. 
I can finally see a difference. 
I had my 3 month check in with the Bariatric team last week. I'm supposed to bring my calorie intake up to 1000 daily. I'm trying but just 900 is hard to get in. I'm doing ok with my liquids though. I also had to get calcium wafers to chew 3 times a day. Thank goodness for my Mango health ap for keeping me on track with my vitamins. I am no longer on any medications! I have to keep the iron away from the multi vitamin and calcium. So, about every two hours I am having a nosh on one vitamin or another. Without the ap I would be lost. 
I did go get some clothes for the holiday. I have given away over 75% of my clothes. Just keeping things that work being a bit big, like yoga pants, tee shirts and hoodies. So, I needed some new or new to me now. I ended up at Meijer while they had a buy one get one for a dollar. 
Actually 3 tops and 2 pairs of leggings. 
I ordered from Kohl's. 
The pants fit great but I will be taking back the sweater. It is cropped on me and not like in the photo. 
Not flattering! 
But, do you see....I'm in a size 20!!! 
I was a 26/28 when I started. 
The waist fits and just about everywhere else is roomy enough to move but not baggy. 

Surgery date to remove Barnacle Bill was moved from the 21st to the 28th. I will go in at 930am. I am more nervous about this surgery than I have been about any other I have ever had. I think part of it is the wait with being able to think about. It's also the first time I have had to have an early blood type wrist band for possibility of transfusion. I'm okay with the doctor but it's the little things. I will be in the hospital for a few days. Send flowers (joking). 

Happy Holidays to all reading. 





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Only need to say YOU LOOK GREAT LADY, but your mirror is telling you that. Keep up the good work.

livin4fishin said...

You look fabulous and so happy! All your hard work is paying off!

Unknown said...

Keep up the great work. Some how looking up crafts I stumbled across your blog. I myself has RNY in August of 2012. Started at 269 highest weight and now bounce around 130ish. From a size 26/28 to a size 7.if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask as well. And thanks for the tip on crunchy pepperoni. That was about the time I was doing crunchy cheese the same way. Yum pepperoni and cheese both crunchy!